Mentor U @ASU is a career-focused mentoring program that collaborates with professionals to help students corroborate their majors.
Mentor U @ASU will positively affect your academic and professional growth. The program matches you with community leaders. These professionals volunteer to support you in confirming your degree choice, and foster growth in your academic and career aspirations. By participating, you are encouraged to build relationships with mentors from the Phoenix Metropolitan Area.
You will have the opportunity to interact with a mentor in two primary ways:
1. self-initiated mentoring; and
2. attending program events.
By participating in Mentor U @ASU, you will be able to make informed decisions about your degree choice. You will develop and practice your communication skills in addition to “soft” skills necessary for career preparation.
This initiative is a one-year mentoring experience for undergraduates in all majors. At the end of the program, students will attend a recognition reception and highlight their accomplishments with their mentor utilizing Digication.
- Create digital portfolios
- Develop transferrable skills
- Access ASU Career Services
- Gain experience and confidence
- Develop networking skills
- Apply to scholarships
- Participate in research opportunities
- Explore graduate and professional programs
- Explore fellowship programs
- Participate in the local community
You must be an ASU undergraduate at one of four Phoenix Metropolitan Area campuses that includes Downtown Phoenix, Polytechnic, Tempe, and West. Additional considerations:
- Self-identify as American Indian or Alaska Native
- 2nd year or higher (ASU student)
- 2nd semester or higher transfer student
- SPIRIT program past participant
- Native American Achievement Program (year two) student