Experiential learning grants are open to undergraduate students who meet the requirements outlined below.
Note: There are additional requirements dependent on the opportunity of interest. Please make sure to read the requirements for each specific opportunity area.
- Have a minimum cumulative ASU GPA of 2.5 at the time of application.
- Be a degree-seeking ASU undergraduate student at the time of application.
- Have the equivalent of one full-time semester of completed and posted ASU credit hours at the time of application.
- Full-time enrollment during the term of the experience.
- Returning to ASU for at least one semester post-experience.
- Be in good standing with the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities.
- Demonstrate financial need and have a current FAFSA on file with the ASU Financial Aid and Scholarship Services at the time of application.
- Pursuing an unpaid internship position.
- Pursuing internship with a designated supervisor.
- Pursuing internship within the United States.
- Pursuing research with a designated ASU faculty member, staff member, or program.
- Pursuing research with a designated ASU faculty member, staff member, or program between 12-20 hours per week.
- Students must have an active application to an ASU-sponsored study abroad program by the deadline.
- Students must meet the specific eligibility requirements for the ASU-sponsored study abroad program of interest. View the specific program brochure page to learn more about minimum GPA, standing, enrollment restrictions, and more. Each program's application will have different requirements to complete.
- International internships sponsored by the ASU Study Abroad Office will be considered.
If awarded the grant, students are required to participate in professional development activities post-experience. These activities could include written reflections and/or resume reviews.
If awarded the grant, it is required for recipients to participate in post-experience reception activities and program assessment.